31 July 2011

Inspired Words: Committed

"Commitment is a little like diving into the water. Either you are committed or you are not. Either you are moving forward or you are standing still. There’s no halfway. We all face moments of decision that change the rest of our lives. As members of the Church, we must ask ourselves, 'Will I dive in or just stand at the edge? Will I step forward or merely test the temperature of the water with my toes?'
 "Those who are only sort of committed may expect to only sort of receive the blessings of testimony, joy, and peace. The windows of heaven might only be sort of open to them. Wouldn’t it be foolish to think, 'I’ll commit myself 50 percent now, but when Christ appears at the Second Coming, I’ll commit myself 100 percent'?


"In some way, each of us stands at a decision point overlooking the water. It is my prayer that we will have faith, move forward, face our fears and doubts with courage, and say to ourselves, 'I’m committed!'"


Deiter F. Uctdorf, 
Second Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


For all of July's message and the complete "Brother, I"m Committed" story click here.

No comments: