All week I've been finding J in costume crouched behind things. I finally had to catch him with the camera, but I only did it once because I felt like I was intruding in this great imaginary world he has worked up in his mind. He won't hide behind furniture forever with his wand in hand, I would remind myself--these are moments too rare to interrupt.
Finally on Friday I sat at the side of the street to watch him team up with Supergirl to march in his elementary school's costume parade. Not a bad couple if you think about their combined superpowers.
I had this silly thought that in ten years he'll be going to the prom and he'll be too embarrassed to hold his date's hand in front of me, and he'll silently groan when I insist on another photo. But on Friday he was just a hooded Hogwarts wizard with a cute smile and a wand fastened to the belt loop of his jeans. What a relief after such a silly thought--I smiled that he was with Supergirl and she wasn't his date.School Costume Parade 2009. We were there.
Did you make it to the one in your neighborhood?
4 comments:
This is great fun!
Love his cape!! he really gets into it.
oh my goodness!
that just made my day (which says a lot because today has been a pretty good one so far).
you are such a good mommy. wish I could have been there for that parade.
ps. great scarf! glad to see it's being put to great use.
It's still not scarf weather here.
How cute is that! Every time I tell my husband of my make-believe days back in childhood (which I still remember vividly and miss just a little) he laughs and shakes his head. That's definitely one thing I'm hoping my kids will do someday.
Post a Comment